main menu Sponsor Banner
page menu

Back to Garrison Homepage
Back to Woodman Homepage

These pictures are the first to appear on the Internet, indeed some of the first ever seen inside the William Damm Garrison in Dover, NH. Moved to its current site on the campus of the Woodmain Institute in 1916, it is the last surviving colonial building of its type in Dover. Few exist anywhere, many lost in frequent Indian reprisals such as the "Cocheco Massacre" in Dover. The garrison may be visited as part of the three-house Woodman tour.

Click on thumbnails to see larger image

image 1 image 2 image 3
image 4 image 5 image 6
image 7 image 8 image 9
image 10 image 11 image 12

© 1999 Photos by Thom Hindle
Presented exclusively by SeacoastNH.com

top of page

[ HOME | HISTORY | ARTS | TOURING | BUSINESS ]
[ New | Site Map | Talk | Woodman House | Sponsors

line rule

logo

Site label
Portsmouth, New Hampshire 03801 Email: info@SeacoastNH.com


line rule