Old Rye Parsonage
Moving to New Site

Rye Parsonage Move

Rye Parsonage Move

Rye Parsonage Move

Recent photos of 1739 parsonage at top in preparation for movement to new foundation to make way for expansion of Rye Library. The parsonage will then become home to The Rye Town Museum. Rye, originally called "Sandy Beach" was founded in 1623 and technically includes the first settlement in New Hampshire.

All photos © 1997 Ralph Morang.
© 1997 SeacoastNH.com

Click for article on Rye History
in This Just In

top of page

[ Rye Museum - "Just In" | What's New | Home ]

line rule

logo

Site label
PO Box 4458
Portsmouth, New Hampshire 03802
URL: http://www.SeacoastNH.com
Voice: 603-427-2020
Email: info@SeacoastNH.com


line rule