The Honvet House Site|
The murder house or "Red House" on Smuttynose Island is gone, burned in 1885. All that remains is this sign and a few stones from the foundation. (Photo by J. Dennis Robinson)
Here SeacoastNH.com editor J. Dennis Robinson weed-whacks the high grass around the foundation of the Hontvet House. In the background is Star Island and to the left just out of the picture is the Haley Cottage. (Photo by Ralph Morang)
Smuttynose 101 Resource Guide
Copyright © 2000 SeacoastNH.com
Photos by J. Dennis Robinson.
Other images courtesy Portsmouth Athenaeum, Portsmouth Public Library
and SeacoastNH.com Image Library.