Museum Postcards
House Tour
History Themes
Early Images
SeacoastNH Home

spacer
Sponsor Banner
Aldrich House Postcards
Exterior #3

Photo

At the turn of the century the "Nutter House" as it was then known, was "in alien hands" as the author's wife wrote, but it was purchased for $10,000 by public subscription and turned into a museum. Mark Twain attended the dedication in 1907. This shot shows the house before the 1907 restoration.



Postcard Courtesy of Portsmouth Public Library
The Thomas Bailey Aldrich House Museum
opened in honor of the Portsmouth, NH poet in 1907
and is today part of Strawbery Banke Museum

MRS ALDRICH TOUR / BAD BOY HOMEPAGE / SeacoastNH HOME

Menu

line rule

logo

Site label
PO Box 4458
Portsmouth, New Hampshire 03802
URL: http://www.SeacoastNH.com
Voice: 603-427-2020
Email: info@SeacoastNH.com


line rule