Museum Postcards
House Tour
History Themes
Early Images
SeacoastNH Home

spacer
Sponsor Banner
Aldrich House Postcards
The Garden

Photo

The garden was - at times swarming with Indians in ambush, behind every bush and tree -- then, presto, change! it was transformed into an English forest through which rode Robin Hood and his men -- again the pirates had it -- Captain Kidd burying his treasure in the moonlight -- Jeanne d'Arc proudly riding on her white steed with banners flying -- and here, many times, was solemnized the marriage of Pocahontas and Captain John Smith.
By Mrs. Thomas Bailey Aldrich



Postcard Courtesy of Portsmouth Public Library
The Thomas Bailey Aldrich House Museum
opened in honor of the Portsmouth, NH poet in 1907
and is today part of Strawbery Banke Museum

MRS ALDRICH TOUR / BAD BOY HOMEPAGE / SeacoastNH HOME

Menu

line rule

logo

Site label
PO Box 4458
Portsmouth, New Hampshire 03802
URL: http://www.SeacoastNH.com
Voice: 603-427-2020
Email: info@SeacoastNH.com


line rule