Museum Postcards
House Tour
History Themes
Early Images
SeacoastNH Home

spacer
Sponsor Banner
Aldrich House Postcards
Exterior on Court Street, Portsmouth

Photo

"The house abutted directly on the street; the granite doorstep was almost flush with the sidewalk, and the huge old- fashioned brass knocker extended itself in a kind of grim appeal to everybody. It seemed to possess strange fascinations for all seafaring folk; and when there was a man-of-war in port, the rat-tat-tat of that knocker would frequently startle the quiet neighborhood long after midnight."
From: Story of a Bad Boy (1869)
By Thomas Bailey Aldrich



Postcard Courtesy of Portsmouth Public Library
The Thomas Bailey Aldrich House Museum
opened in honor of the Portsmouth, NH poet in 1907
and is today part of Strawbery Banke Museum

MRS ALDRICH TOUR / BAD BOY HOMEPAGE / SeacoastNH HOME

Menu

line rule

logo

Site label
PO Box 4458
Portsmouth, New Hampshire 03802
URL: http://www.SeacoastNH.com
Voice: 603-427-2020
Email: info@SeacoastNH.com


line rule