The Jackson Five Minus Three
  • Print
Written by Strawbery Banke Archive

Jackson House detail (c) Strawbery Banke MuseumStrawbery Banke Presents
HISTORIC PORTSMOUTH #169

Two unknown children pose against the Jackson House in this undated photo. Cooper Richard Jackson built the house in 1664 and it remained in his family until its "discovery" and purchased by preservationist William Sumner Appleton in 1924 of SPNEA. His group gently restored the oldest wood-frame house in NH.

 

 

 

HISTORIC PHOTOS of the Greater Portsmouth Area appear here weekly

Jackson House Portsmouth (c)


This image from the book STRAWBERY BANKE:
A Seaport Museum 400 Years in the Making
by J. Dennis Robinson
(c) Strawbery Banke Museum Collection

Strawbery Banke

BONUS: The Jackson House Today
(c) Historic New England

 

Jackson House