Stoodley’s Tavern Moves On
  • Print
Written by Strawbery Banke Archive

Daniel Street 1965. SeacoastNH.comStrawbery Banke Presents
HISTORIC PORTSMOUTH #148

Historic Stoodley’s Tavern was converted to an electrical supply shop before it was moved to Strawbery Banke in 1965. This 1761 tavernhad replaced the King’s Arms owned by James Stoodley. "Indian fighter" Robert Rogers reporedly visited. It was moved from Daniel St.to make way for a "modern" federal building and post office.

 

 

HISTORIC PHOTOS of the Greater Portsmouth Area appear here weekly

stoodley's Tavern on Daniel Street before its move to Strawbery Banke in 1965 (c) Strawbery Banke Archive


Early Photographs from the Collections of Strawbery Banke
(c) Strawbery Banke Museum . All rights reserved

READ MORE about Roger's' Rangers 

BONUS PHOTO: Stoodley's Early Postcard

Stoodely's early 20th century / SeacoastNH.com

Stoodley's Tavern Today at Strawbery Banke Today (below)

Stoodley's Tavern, Portsmouth, NH (c) SeacoastNH.com/ J. Dennis Robinson